Soft Tissue Grafting & Periodontal Plastic Surgery
Presented by Dr. Anthony G. Sclar on September 15-18, 2013.
This 4-day course is recommended for doctors with intermediate to advanced experience with oral soft tissue grafting, implant soft tissue management and periodontal plastic surgery who desire to increase their knowledge, refine their surgical skills and fully implement these procedures in their practice. We encourage you to bring your primary clinical assistant for a quality team experience.
At the completion of this course, doctors should be able to:
- Fully comprehend the anatomic and biologic basis for performing soft tissue grafting and periodontal plastic surgery procedures around teeth and implants.
- Perform a focused pre-treatment patient evaluation and develop diagnostically driven soft tissue treatment plans for your implant and periodontal plastic surgery patients.
- Understand soft tissue wound healing and grafting biology and the nutritive role that soft tissues play in phase-2 volume maintenance of underlying bone grafts.
- Clearly understand when soft tissue grafting should be performed prior to or simultaneous with bone grafting procedures and/or implant placement.
- Become adept at selecting and sequencing soft tissue grafting and periodontal plastic surgery procedures with bone grafting and implant placement as part of multidisciplinary management of complex dental implant reconstructions.
- Master the surgical principles and state-of-the-art tissue engineering material science (GEM 21S, Emdogain, PRP, MucograftTM, Dermal grafts, Xenograft-collagen constructs ) used for soft tissue augmentation procedures.
- Develop and refine surgical skills related to performing the following soft tissue grafting and periodontal plastic surgery procedures to enhance function and esthetics around teeth and implants:
— Flaps and Minimally Invasive Surgical Approaches Used in Implant and Periodontal Plastic Surgery
— Gingival Grafts
— Connective Tissue Grafts (Palatal and Tuberosity)
— Combination Onlay-Interpositional Grafts
— Palatal Roll Flapn VIP-CT Palatal Pedicle Flap
— MucograftTM, Dermal Matrix and Xenograft-Collagen Graft Substitutes
— Root and Abutment Coverage Procedures Including Tissue Engineering Methods
— Papilla Augmentation Procedures
— Esthetic Crown Lengthening
- Understand patient management principles and how to avoid complications when performing soft tissue grafting, tissue engineering augmentations and periodontal plastic surgery procedures.
This course will help participating surgical assistants with implementation of the Sclar Center Clinical Patient Management Protocols for successful management of patients who undergo peri-implant soft tissue grafting and periodontal plastic surgery procedures.
Limited to 16 participants. 34 hours of CE credits are given for this 4-day course. Although no prerequisite is required for this course, participants are expected to already have intermediate to advanced experience in dental implant surgery, soft tissue implant site development, and periodontal plastic surgery. Additionally, students should become familiar with the precourse reading materials that will be supplied in advance. Students are encouraged to make hotel arrangements at the nearby Sonesta Bayfront Hotel in Coconut Grove. Transportation to and from the Sclar Center will be provided.
To register for Dr. Sclar’s ISTM
2013 hotel course; click here.